Sunday, November 21, 2010

Would you break up with your boyfriend because you didn't like his mom?

My boyfriend's mom obviously doesn't like me, and she isn't willing to cut the umbilical cord with her son. I have been dating my boyfriend 2+ years, and since we are over at his parents house several times a week, I have had ample time to get to know her, and vise versa. She doesn't cook healthy foods nor does she walk her 100 pound dog, she doesn't manage her finances right (for ex spending insurance money to fix the roof of the house on new furniture), she doesn't recycle just because she doesn't have the bins - she is not a good example for him. Don't get me wrong, she raised him with manners and taught him to be kind to women, but a healthy lifestyle, responsible financing, and social responsibility are important to me. He sides with his mother on issues, and doesn't mind being attached to the umbilical cord. I have tried to tell him how I feel, but he gets defensive and won't compromise. I know he will always choose his mother over me, and she will be there until the day she dies. Knowing this.... his mom could be a dealbreaker for me. Would you break up (or have you ever) with someone because of their mother?



See my other question as a reference for how she treats me (keep in mind my boyfriend did nothing to defend me):

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;Would you break up with your boyfriend because you didn't like his mom?
Why don't the 3 of you go to a counselor so he/she can sort things out for all of you. You all sound like really nice people and I know where your coming from, but before you break up with him, give that a try, can't hurt, right?
  • removing contact lenses
  • campaigning and advertising
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment