Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you break up with your boyfriend if he's madly in love with you?

I'm a gay man in my first relationship that has lasted over a year. I've come to realize that I'm bored and not happy with my relationship, and I'm leaning towards wanting to end our relationship.



What's the best way to break up with my boyfriend if he's very in love with me, and he didn't know I was discouraged with our relationship? I love him, but I'm not IN LOVE with him, and I'm scared of breaking his heart most of all...



He talks about our future often and he thinks I'm THE ONE for him, and he basically made me promise I will never leave him. I'm stuck in a rut and I need help getting out!



Thank you!How do you break up with your boyfriend if he's madly in love with you?
tell him youve decided to go straight and see how the greater hetero way is. How do you break up with your boyfriend if he's madly in love with you?
well just be honest with him, and tell him exactly what you said in the question ';you love him but your not in love with him'; thats all you really can do. if your not feelin it then you should just end it. its better to tell him then to lead him on...plus i know this is harsh but your happiness comes first if you live your life thinking about other ppls happiness your gonna get very stressed =\
I had to do this. It really sucks but it has to be done. Tell him int he nicest way possible. Think about what's best for you. If you stay in this relationship and you don't love him like he loves you, then it's going to be horrible for both of you. You're probably going to feel pretty bad because he sounds like he's going to fall hard but you have to finish this. Good luck! =-)
The truth is, you aren't stuck in a rut. You've created the paradigm that you are. A real relationship is one where both people wake up everyday and want to be there. If one day you wake up and decide this is not the place for you, you are doing yourself and your partner a huge disfavor by staying in it longer than need be.



Put yourself in his place for just a moment. How much more heartbroken would you be if you discovered your partner wasn't in love with you like you were him and he didn't saying anything for a long time? You may not be in love with him, but you do love him. So do both of you a favor and show your love to him by sharing what's really in your heart. Life isn't always full of smiles. The small heartaches are far better than the bigger ones: delaying this for too long.
Just tell him how you feel, and if he gets broken just tell him that you will be there as a good friend for him.
Best way as far as I can tell is ';quick and fast';. Don't drag it out, don't try to make him miserable so he'll break up with you first. Just sit him down and tell him you're unhappy, and you think the relationship is over. It's going to hurt, he's going to be upset, but trying to stick with a relationship when you're not happy is just going to make you both miserable.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment