Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you break up with your boyfriend of 3 years when hes extrememly attached and you have a dog together?

My boyfriend and I have been dating almost 3 years. We have a dog together and are high school sweethearts. I'm close to his family and they are close to me and our dog. I broke up with him about 1 1/2 ago and we got back together a week later. I don't want to see him upset. He cried last time, got depressed, and wouldn't eat. He never gave up on me. He's an amazing guy, the feelings just aren't there anymore. I love him, but I don't think we are in love anymore. I don't know how to break up with him without hurting him a ton. After I do break up with him i'll still take the dog over to his house to spend time with his family because they've grown extremely attached. I know any reason I try to break up with him with he will respond with ';we can work at it.'; I want to experience different things and people.. but i don't want to tell him that because that would tear him apart. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks!How do you break up with your boyfriend of 3 years when hes extrememly attached and you have a dog together?
Get to know them better. This is not a task only to be accomplished through dating. The more you get to know him or her, the more you can tell if you like them as a friend or something else. Just talk and do fun activities with the person.

Stop and consider why you like the person. There are many physically attractive and smart people out there. But if you see something beyond that really catches your attention, you've marked this person as unique and probably like them. Why else would they stand out from so many?

Consider how many times you think about the person. If you find yourself thinking about this person several times a day, and they are happy thoughts that possibly make your heart beat faster, then you probably like them.

Think how often you laugh at their jokes etc. When you like someone, you will find yourself laughing at things even if they aren't that funny. This is a natural attempt to make them feel appreciated.

If the one conversation between you and the person is stuck in you head and you cant stop telling people about it. this means it was important to you, and you probably like the person.

Consider how much you try to be near them. If you've planned your walking speed to catch a glimpse of them as many times of the day as possible, there is a good reason for that.

Think about how you feel if you touch him or her, by accident or on purpose. If you're still thinking about brushing shoulders several hours ago in school, then that is a special thought and you probably like them.

If you feel you're ready for a relationship, and are confident enough for a positive response, then just go ahead and ask them out. If you're unsure of their feelings for you, there are several wikihows on how to tell if someone likes you.How do you break up with your boyfriend of 3 years when hes extrememly attached and you have a dog together?
Listen to some Vivian Green, Mary J. Blige and always honor, respect and love yourself first.
I was in a situation VERY similar to yours. We had been together on and off for about 3 years,and if you wrote our personalities down on paper...it would seem like a perfect match. But..the feelings, that spark just wasn't there for me.



Our families loved each other, his family loved me, mine loved him...and I felt so guilty for feeling how i did. Like...what was wrong with me? I should be in love with this guy.



Anyway, long story short..I had to break it off for good. I couldn't handle it anymore, and realistically it's not fair to either of you to in a relationship where both hearts aren't entirely into it. .



My ex was the same way (';we can work it out.'; ';I'll wait for you.';) And honestly, I think it's just something he needs to deal with on his own, as harsh as that may sound. Break things off and make a clean cut, don't talk to him for a while and tell him you really think you both need some time without each other. It's the only way for reality to sink in, and even then he might not completely give up.



Do what's right for you, based on what you feel. And don't give in to him because you feel bad to leave. Good luck
give him the dog %26amp; move on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment