Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do you break up with your boyfriend?

I have a month before school starts for me, so it'll be a while until I can just randomly see him, pull him aside, and break up with him.



I don't want to break up with him over AIM or the phone. But neither of us live near each other, so I can't just walk over when I see he's home.



I don't know when he's home or isn't home, and I'd feel bad having him set aside time for a 'date' only to break up with him.



How do I do it?



There isn't anything seriously wrong with him. He's a good guy, I'm just... not really attracted to him in 'that' way. He was the first guy to ask me out and the second gay guy i met, and even though I didn't know him well I said 'yes' and decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately i discovered the attraction is not mutual.



So... how do I do it?How do you break up with your boyfriend?
It looks like you two are in a long-distance relationship. Because of that i would say to tell him the truth in an area you may meet commonly or the next time you see him.



Tell him that you guys can still be friends and if he's a really good guy then he'll understand, you two will still be great friends, and your lives won't ache as much from breaking up.How do you break up with your boyfriend?
Many guys go through similar situations when they first come out. I have been in the same situation when I was younger. So, you檙e not alone!



The advice I would give is, the sooner you communicate your feeling with him the sooner you can move on. I know setting up a time on a date seams cruel but it's more hurtful to be dishonest with your feeling for him. When you檙e not honest it gives mixed messages. He stands to get hurt; you only lose your pride for a moment. So, tell him soon!



I want you to turn this situation around. Think, how would you want someone to tell you? Then, do it in the same way.



I know breaking up isn't easy but it is a process of life we must all learn. With each experience we get better.



Good Luck!


I've been in a similar situation...you are not helping him or yourself by waiting to break up with him. Also, don't feel bad about wanting to end a relationship with someone you are not attracted...even if they are a nice person. I can't stress that enough. O.K. Give him a call and let him know that you aren't ready to be in a relationship. Be careful not to say the words ';right now'; at the end of that sentence. Don't give him any hope of the two of you getting together in the future unless that is what you want. If you wait to tell him, you are hurting him more...giving him another month to get excited about seeing you, only to have you dump him would be horrible. That would be harder on him than dumping him over the phone or the internet. So, tell him you are not ready to be in a relationship, do not explain anything else to him, and enjoy the rest of your summer knowing that you took care of this.
  • horses
  • wavy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment