Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why would you break up with your boyfriend if he is the sweetest, most caring, and understanding guy out ther?

okay, so i have been having this issue recently and that was whether to break up with my boyfriend of almost 9 months (he is also in Maryland while i am in north Carolina for college and were both 18 and i am a freshman in college). He is just the best! He is caring, lovable and when it comes to sex or anything sexual he is vary considerate (he used a condom with spermicide, and wears it when were taking showers and baths together). We both lost our virginity to each other on our 6th month anniversary and when we thought i was pregnant he was already planning on getting a second job and planning how we will tell our parents and just being supportive. he pays for everything and when i say i can pay for myself he goes no n gets to the register before me lol. he even pays 200 bucks or so when he visits monthly for the hotel and food in NC.



I don't know what to do! i really do love him but i feel that i am giving up too much for him. because i am in college to follow my dream to work in a global setting. i want to travel, i want to work in an embassy, but i want to be with him too and he has came to me with his feelings saying he doesn't want to merry someone who isn't around or he can't keep quitting his job to come with me to a new country because if i work for the department of state they will be having me go to diff countries for 3 or so years each. and he knows that there is a high divorce rate in that n he doesn't want that to happen to us.



So i gave up my major and that was international studies, so now i am at a lost of what to do with my life and scared that in the end this will be all for nothing and i will be just a waste of my parents time and money. I feel so trapped now more than ever.



Am i being to irrational? paranoid? what do you guys think i should do?Why would you break up with your boyfriend if he is the sweetest, most caring, and understanding guy out ther?
its great that ure thinking about ur bf and all but we are talking about ur future and all..dont give up ur dreams..if thats what u want to do ..20-30 years down the road u might regret giving up ur passion..he should understand what u want to do when u grow up and u should support uWhy would you break up with your boyfriend if he is the sweetest, most caring, and understanding guy out ther?
Woah TMI lol. Just do it because if there is nothing wrong with the relationship and he is a great bf and you still have these thoughts then there is a big problem. You guys are still 18 so give it time, you still have 2 or so more years to make your decision unless you want to cut the rope now.
Wow that's a tough situation.

The only thing I can think of is would you rather have a loving husband(I think any girl would kill for a guy like that)? Or are you that passionate of that career?

Ask yourself that, and goodluck.
Same situation with me and my girlfriend... But you're a good 3-4 years ahead of us =S



In our case, my girlfriend is longing to travel, but I'm the kind of person who'd rather stay in one place. She's willing to stay home with me if I really wanted her to, and if she did that I'd do my very best to earn enough money to take an occasional vacation to a foreign country with her.



On the flip-side, I'm also willing to quit jobs and travel with her if she ends up getting such a job. She's probably be making more than me, but the degree I'm planning on going into (Computer Science) is very versatile and can be useful pretty much anywhere, so I think I'm good.





Now, if I were you I would have continued in the major... You don't HAVE to get the job, and he may be fine supporting both of you, and many jobs require ANY degree (doesn't matter which field) for a decent pay if you feel like working. You want to be able to support yourself if he happens to die or something. However, I definitely would NOT leave him, ESPECIALLY since you've ALREADY given so much up ^_^
Wow. You got a really nice guy. Personally, I'd say he's a keeper. If you already gave up your major, is that not a good step towards being with him? Life will figure itself out. If you really love him, stay with him. He's obviously working really hard to make this work between you two. If you choose a different career path that makes it so you can stay closer to him, you have made your efforts and sacrifices worthwhile, if you choose to continue in the career path you wanted originally, all you'll have is that if it really is a decision between that and him.
i believe that a persons first loyalty should be to themselves not out of any selfish desire or ambition but in the spirit of fairness. because true happiness comes from within giving up your dreams for a relationship isn't fair to you or who you're with. if you cant be happy with your own life and your own career then i am not sure how you'll be able to expect to uphold your end of a fulfilling relationship. I would say its a personal decision probably would be helpful to decide if there is anything else you would be happy doing with your life that makes it possible for you two to stay together and if so is it worth it to you in the long term.
  • howtoendarelationshipwithsomeon
  • scene hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment